Saturday, October 11, 2008



OAK GLEN, CA - Well fall is FINALLY here! It has been so warm down here recently, that it's easy to forget that it's a season other than summer. Since it cooled off a bit this weekend, we decided to tag along with Aiden and his family to go apple picking. We hopped in our cars and drove up the hill to Riley's Farm near Yucaipa.

For our first stop, we visited the pumpkin patch they had there. I saw lots of pumpkins - all shapes and sizes. Some of them were even bigger than me! After that, we headed over to the orchard to pick some apples. I'd picked apples once before, but I was smaller back then - I couldn't reach any of the apples. This time, daddy lifted me up super-high so I could grab some out of the trees. We filled our basket to the brim and then went to see if we could track down some lunch. They make a mean hot dog at Riley's Farm, and daddy said the BBQ Beef sandwich was pretty good too.

After a lot of running around in the grass and visiting the goats at the petting zoo, it was time to head home. Thanks for inviting us, Aiden! I can't wait to eat all my yummy apples...













1 comment:

Julie said...

Jenna, it looks like you had fun. Your little brother sure is starting to look like you. We're heading to the pumpkin patch tomorrow!
Kayla and Kenzie