Sunday, March 11, 2007


SPRING TRAINING UPDATE #3 - SUNDAY

PHOENIX, AZ - Today we went to see Nana's A's at Phoenix Municipal Stadium. They were taking on their cross-bay rivals, Los Gigantes de San Francisco. It was pretty warm today so Aunt Julie took me to find some shade right away. The lawn area was up behind 3rd base past all the food stands. There was a nice man there who was cleaning up after the Valporaiso Alumni Party, but had one extra hot dog left over...just for me! I stayed in the shade for most of this game, but I hear it ended in exciting fashion, with the home side winnig 3-2 in the bottom of the 9th. Nana said it was the most exciting thing we had seen this trip. Daddy disagreed, he mumbled something about KU getting a #1 seed, but I don't really see what that has to do with Spring Training. Anyways, I met a very nice girl named Sydney, who I shared my stickers with for several innings. She was very nice.






DINNER: MACAYO'S DEPOT, TEMPE
After another failed attempt to visit Aunt Chilada's, we settled on a casual mexican restaurant that is housed in a former train station just north of downtown Tempe. Macayo's has several Arizona locations and I liked my beans and rice, but the highlight for me had to be the red balloon from our waitress. Outside of re-filling daddy's water with iced tea, I thought she did an excellent job. Daddy also noticed that a couple of Angels broadcasters, Terry Smith and Jose Mota seemed to be enjoying themselves there as well, so Aunt Julie said that any mexican restaurant good enough for them, was probably good enough for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It has been fun to enjoy your vacation with you! What a fun tradition you are starting for Jenna.