Friday, March 09, 2007


SPRING TRAINING UPDATE #1 - FRIDAY

TEMPE, AZ - We made it to Spring Training in Arizona! After mommy woke me up at 5:00 am, before the sun was even up, we drove, drove, drove to Phoenix to pick up my Nana & Tata at the airport. Then we drove straight to Tempe Diablo Stadium (home of my Angels) to watch them take on the Padres (who are now managed by former Angels pitching coach, Bud Black - one of my mommy's favorites). When I looked up from doing my sticker book with Tata, I noticed that Kelvim Escobar was the one pitching for the Halos. The Padres pitcher, David Wells, didn't even make it out of the 2nd inning...I guess fielding that bunt by Chone Figgins was harder than it looked. The Angels won the game, but we were long gone by then...a swimming pool was calling my name. Oh, in case you were wondering, and I know you were, I had a hot dog, lemonade and ice cream...mmmm, the tastes of spring.







DINNER: ARIZONA MILLS - TEMPE
After a quick swim, we crossed the street to Arizona Mills so we could find some dinner. Mommy had the great idea to go to Johnny Rockets...they have burgers, fries and shakes there, what else could you want? I went with the grilled cheese sandwich which came with french fries (I let Daddy share those).

No comments: