Monday, August 11, 2008

I'm back from vacation! We got back home last night, and while it's good to finally be home, I was having such fun on vacation that wanted to stay there. Permanent Vacation. Sound good? Here is what I was up to over the past 2 weeks:

SANTA ROSA, CA - We made our first stop in Santa Rosa, CA, which is where Nana & Tata live. Lindsay and Morgan even came to visit too, and we got to sleep in the same room! Some highlights from that portion of the trip were:

-- Playing in the water at the park with Katrina & Leyna
-- Riding the Train, Merry-Go-Round and a pony at the same park
-- Visiting the Sonoma County Fair (and getting free ice cream)
-- Going to the "Sticker Factory"
-- Cooking with Nana




CASTRO VALLEY, CA - My cousin Isabella was celebrating her 3rd birthday, so I wanted to make sure I didn't miss the big event. The party was at a park with lots of trees and shade and we had a great time. Making the event even more special was a visit from Big Grandpa Humes (Daddy's grandpa) and Grandma Jewell. They came all the way our from Kansas to see us. It was great to see them too. Jake even met a little boy who was born just two days after he was.

I really liked seeing Grandpa, Grandma, Auntie 'Manda, Uncle Brian, Aunt Rebekah and Isabella, of course! We had fun playing at Grandpa & Grandma's house. Grandpa played games with me & Isabella and Uncle Brian showed Daddy how to play Wii Golf. Good times!




BEAUTIFUL LAKE TAHOE, CA - Our last destination was the cabin at Lake Tahoe. I really like visiting the cabin because I get to pick where I want to swim each day. Will it be the pool or the lake? We went swimming in the lake 3 days and took a dip in the pool on the other 3 days. I also got to go for a ride on a big boat called the "Tahoe Gal" that took us for a ride along the north shore.

It was great to have lots of people with us in the cabin. Nana and Tata came, and so did Aunt Julie, Uncle Dave and Morgan and Lindsay. We had a great time. One of my favorite things that we did was "breaking in" to Sand Harbor on our last day there. The parking lot was full so we had to park on the street and slide under the fence to get in. That was fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Looks like tons of fun!

-Jackson

Robin said...

You were missed!!!! Can't wait to see you and catch up : )