Sunday, June 10, 2007


BIG BEAR LAKE, CA - My mommy and daddy took me on quite an adventure this weekend. We loaded up the car and drove up the mountain to Big Bear Lake so that we could go camping! I've never been camping before, but I'm told people do this kind of thing all the time. I really liked sleeping in a tent and seeing all of my friends, like Aiden, Eli, Emma, Julia, Edward, Abby, Jackson, Alex, and Isabella.

On Friday night, I got to toast a marshmallow! Some other folks were putting their marshmallows on graham crackers with chocolate, but I like the gooey treat all by itself - yum! Saturday we went to a little zoo and saw bears, eagles, deer, bison, owls, snakes and wolves. On Sunday we all went down to the lake to dip our toes in the water and enjoy the great weather. It was nice and warm during the day - but not too hot - and pretty cool at night. Mommy made sure I was toasty and warm in my sleeping bag...I even got to wear a hat to bed on Friday night!

I really liked camping...I mean, what's not to like about playing in the dirt all day and sleeping in a tent under the stars at night. I can't wait until we go camping again!









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jessica, I have to say that I am impressed that you all went camping! Good job! I'm sure Jenna had a blast and wants to start this as a new Humes' tradition. Enjoy your summer break if you get much of one.