Friday, June 06, 2008



FULLERTON, CA - Well that didn't take long. I don't know what the record is for shortest lifespan of a goldfish, but this has got to be WAAAAAAYYYY up the leaderboard. We found Flappy floating after dinner last night. Turns out that if you have a bowl (and not a tank with an air supply) you need to have a special kind of goldfish called a betta goldfish. Would have been nice to know when we went to the pet store the first time, but you live and learn. Well I guess the goldfish DON'T live and we learn, or something like that...

So we headed back to the pet store last night determined to have a pet that survived longer than 24 hours.

We came home with Daisy, a beautiful little blue betta goldfish and I'm happy to report that, as of this morning, she's still swimming. Keep your fingers crossed...



2 comments:

Leo and Kim said...

So sorry to hear about Flappy. I do have to say it made me chuckle to see the tombstone. I am sure Daisy will far outlive Flappy. Have fun cleaning the bowl...that was my issue when we had 4 fish awhile ago. I think 4 fish were too many for our small bowl, though, and I had to clean it daily. I also love all the pics of Jake. He is so cute!

Riva said...

Our goldfish has been alive a lot longer than our betta did and the fish lady told us that it is the chlorine in the tap water that kills them. We bought these drops for the tank water that takes out the chlorine. You might want to try it or get another headstone ready...=)