Sunday, June 22, 2008



LAKE ARROWHEAD, CA - My daddy took me camping this weekend with some friends from church. I had a great time! We went to a place called "Dogwood" by Lake Arrowhead - it's in the mountains.

I remember going camping last year, but this time was a little different. First, we left mommy and Jake at home - we were sad to leave them, but it was nice to have daddy all to myself for a few days. Second, it wasn't freezing cold at night like last year...I actually got to sleep on top of my sleeping bag instead of in it.

I got to play with so many of my friends - too many to count! We rode our scooters, colored princesses, slept in tents, went exploring, went swimming in a lake, ate s'mores and the thing we did more than anything else, played in the dirt!

I told my daddy I'm ready to go camping again very soon - like next weekend. He said it might be a bit longer than that. Well, whenever we go again, I'm sure I'll have fun...what a great way to spend a weekend!!!!









4 comments:

Kristy said...

Yummmm.....S'mores....Did you save me one?

"You want a s'more?"

"Some more what?"

"No no, you want a s'more?"

"But I haven't had anything yet. How can I have some more of nothing?"

"You're KILLING me, Smalls!"

Ask your dad, Jenna. He'll know. At least, he should.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenna! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time at Dogwood this last weekend. I loved hearing about your adventures! I grew up in the Lake Arrowhead area and now I have 3 kids (Taylor is 11, Garrett is 9 and Haley is 2) that love the mountains too. You can see some pictures of our adventures at my website at www.GregSteffens.com under "Fun Photos." I hope you can come back soon. If you want some ideas for other fun things to do, just let me know - I'm happy to help! Greg Steffens

Leo and Kim said...

What a fun weekend you had! I'm glad you were able to go with your dad.

Riva said...

It was so much fun camping with you Jenna! Mikayla thought it was so great to color in your great big colorbook. It was so nice of you to share. Next year maybe we can camp closer to you and play with you even more!